An Essentials Course for New Travel Agents
Welcome to the Travel Industry
Pursue Your Passion & Choose Your Vacation Expert Sessions
When you join The Paper Ticket as a new travel agent, you’re not left on your own to figure it out! This virtual training has everything you need to know to start your own travel business. We’ll walk you through the start-up of your agency and give you the foundational knowledge of an expert travel advisor so you’re ready to start with confidence immediately.
Customize your “Welcome to the Industry” training program – Pursue Your Passion & choose your Vacation Expert session (or sessions!) to combine with the Essentials Course covering three general themes that all New Travel Agents should know – Travel Industry Basics, Travel Agency Red Tape, & Selling Vacations.
You’ll get a world of information in small bites along the way with accompanying hand-out materials. Follow along as new lessons containing nearly 100 hours of content are released regularly for 3 months. Watch on your schedule and use our daily “Office Hours” for follow-up. You’ll enjoy a mix of visual presentations with some listen-only podcast-style sessions. Conversations with your peer group and scheduled measurements throughout the journey will keep you accountable – and we’re always available for one-on-one support!
What Will I Learn?
What Every New Agent Needs to Know
The Essentials Course
Travel Industry Basics
Travel Agency Red Tape
Take One or Master Them All!
Become a Vacation Expert
Customize Your ``Welcome to the Industry`` Training Program by Choosing Your Vacation Expert Sessions
The Essentials Course is a necessary foundation for any new travel agent – but we want you to pursue your passion, too! In addition to the Essentials Course, choose one or all of the four agent-favorite travel niches and begin your path to Vacation Expert starting on your first day!
All-Inclusive Vacation Expert Sessions include topics such as:
- All-Inclusive Crash Course: An All-Inclusive Review of All-Inclusive Vacations – What’s Really Included?
- Types of All-Inclusive Resorts: Family-Friendly, Adults-Only, Couples-Only, Alternative Lifestyle, & More!
- Top All-Inclusive Destinations in the Caribbean & Mexico including Cancun & Riviera Maya, Jamaica, Punta Cana, and more!
Disney Vacation Expert Sessions include topics such as:
- Disney World: Looking at a Familiar Place with Fresh Eyes
- Disneyland & California Vacations
- Cruising with Disney
- Visiting Disney’s International Destinations
- Universal: Understanding Both Products is a Key to Success
Cruise Vacation Expert Sessions include topics such as:
- Talk Like a Sailor: Cruise Vocab & Lingo for Travelers and Travel Agents
- Cruise Ships & Life on Board
- Popular Cruise Destinations & Itineraries
- Selling Cruise Vacations: Matching the Customer with the Best Product
USA Vacation Expert Sessions include topics such as:
- National Parks
- Hawaii In-Depth
- “Fly-Drive” & Road Trips
- Planning Close-to-Home Vacations